Friday, June 17, 2011

Moon

This place is so familiar, so a part of me.  I've been here my whole life.  So many memories.  They play out in my head as vivid as the moon I'm sitting under.  The sticky wet humidity of Florida summer heat coats my skin even at 1:47 am, and I can hear hundreds of insects creating some sort of symphony.  Even the birds chime in and it reminds me of my childhood, when I used to pretend I could talk to animals.  After watching The Wild Thornberries, I got so obsessed and fascinated with the thought of communicating with the incommunicable that I trully think I learned how to feel what they felt.  I could feel a stray cat's loneliness, a cardinal's fear, and the cordial greediness of a squadron of ducks.  All of a sudden I remember - we called them the ducks of Krameria Way.  It was Elvis, Ellis, and I think the girl was Red Mama or something like that.  They were a good two days of fun.  I can't believe I used to do that kind of stuff - spend hours and hours being completely unproductive and shamelessly exploring the world around me with no agenda.  Even today if I do that, my agenda is to explore the world around me.  Back then I did it just because I felt like it, and there wasn't anything better to do.  But now it's dark, the moon is covered by a cloud, and I'm getting bit by mosquitoes.  One thing I will NOT miss about Florida - mosquitoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment