Friday, December 30, 2011

Holiday Update

Happy Holidays everyone!

First of all, I want to say thanks Mom for making this Christmas superbly awesome.  I can't believe how great of mom you are!  Thank you Dad, Amanda, Abuela, Jacob, Anne, Phyllis, and everyone who was very generous to me this season.  You, my family and friends (and boyfriend <3), give meaning to my Christmas (and Hanukkah).  Jesus was born in April, trees are pagan-influenced, and fruitcake sucks.  But Christmas is a special, important, and beautiful Holy Day (holiday) because we gather together and use this time to celebrate the birth of Christ - also Hanukkah is super important because we celebrate God's awesome power and again, gather together in one accord.

God is so good!  Wow!  I can't get over how loving and kind he is, the amazing King of the Universe lowers himself as our Servant, washing the gunk off our toes and as the sacrificial lamb, dying a painful, lowly death all so we can be with him.  He knew that the Old Covenant was unable to suffice.  It was just a shadow of who he is.  And now we have a New Covenant, free from sin and bondage, free to be righteous in Christ.  Wow!

Since my last post, God has given me all sorts of visions and concrete goals for the next year - just in time for New Years!  He showed me in a vivid picture, that I will dedicate my time to teaching piano lessons to orphans in DC.  I will go to a foster home, pour into a few interested kids, teaching them music.  Then afterwards, I will have an optional Bible study.  This idea rests divinely on my heart, coming from the Holy Spirit - I didn't think of this myself.  It came to me so fast and vivid a couple months ago and began to gnaw at my heart.  Finally I surrendered and said "I will do it!".  I have been calling various Foster Organizations around DC, but I have had no luck.  I believe that God will open the doors that need to be opened for me to fulfill this dream.  Please partner me in prayer as I search for a foster home that will allow me to teach piano lessons to orphans.

Besides that, my other goal for this next semester is to get a job.  This is all in God's hands.  I applied to some really neat places.  However, I haven't heard back yet (I know, it's the holidays).  Please keep this in prayer as well as I go on a Job hunt!

Jacob also has something so cool he is doing this semester, a door that opened up completely supernaturally.  He got a call from a Rabbi in Tally asking him if he would help him start a Messianic Synagogue/club on campus.  If you don't know, starting a student org is very challenging!  Please keep him in prayer as he partners with the Rabbi and Yeshua (Jesus) on this journey to start a Messianic Jewish synagogue on campus that his joy may be complete.

This summer, I have an opportunity to go to Ecuador with a girl from school.  The details are not completely worked out, but I would be staying with her family and help her hand out books to the various libraries she has started in Central America.  What a fun and exciting opportunity!  Especially since I've always wanted to go to Ecuador.  It's on my top three list of countries to go to!  I'm really hoping it works out - pray for this as well :)

My other goal for the summer is to record all of my music, Jacob's music, and our joint written songs.  This is something I've needed to do for far to long.  The time is now.

Finally, I had an awesome picture of my future life.  I have no idea if this will be true or not or whatever, but it kind of felt like an epiphany... I love teaching, I love culture and history, I want to influence others, I want to be an activist and change the world.... SO... Wouldn't it be awesome if at some point in my professional life I switch over to become a professor/missionary?  I could so do that for the rest of my life.  Imagine... I'm a professor of International Affairs, writing awesome books & thesis, and a missionary during the summers.  I get giddy thinking about it.  ;D  God, let it be.  Amen.

Happy New Year!
Katrina Doyle



 

No comments:

Post a Comment