Saturday, February 18, 2012

21

21: What a great number!  It's the number of days Daniel fasted, and it's the number of days I'll be fasting facebook (as a college student this will be hard haha) and praying for four things - President Obama, the religion rights Bills in Congress regarding mandatory birth control support in Health Insurance to pass, truth and transparency in this issue for the next month of debate, and a raising up of the prophetic voices of women.  I'll explain in due time - because I know a lot of that sounds jumbled and confusing. 

I will hopefully be updating every day in this time of prayer and fasting, talking about what God has been doing in the prophetic and the four current events.   Another thing I'll be doing is explaining one of the 21 things I'm about to list for each day.  Since I haven't updated in almost 3 months, I will list 21 things that have happened since my last post.  There are so many!   And each day, I'll tell a story - alongside the updates on my fast.  I typically hate saying that I'm going to fast, because I think it takes away from the whole point of it, that it's between you and God and not for your own status.  But understand that I'm not saying this to sound holy or anything, but to invite you into prayer alongside with me and read about me because you apparently love me enough to care!  haha!

Here are 21 tidbits of information that has occured in my life in the past couple months.
  1. Job at fojol bros.
  2. Schedule craziness
  3. Became Worship Leader of Intervarsity
  4. Signed up for Urban Plunge
  5. Lou Engle speaking at JHOP
  6. SNOW
  7. MOLD
  8. Became friends with Sarah Kovar
  9. Shirt caught on fire at Sarah's Shabbat dinner.
  10. Weekly discipling with Donna :)
  11. Weekly prayer meetings in my dorm
  12. Started cooking my own food!
  13. Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan
  14. That really bad week
  15. Had a birthday
  16. Had a sweet Valentine's day
  17. School got hit with a Contagion-like virus - Neural virus.
  18. IJM
  19. Rooming with Franny and Rohita
  20. My awesome classes
  21. My awesome friends
 God has been stirring my heart for over 24 hours.  I could barely get 4 hours of sleep last night, and couldn't even nap today after forcing myself.  He has been calling me into allignment with his work, and this includes utter communion and dependence on him.  My mom even said that God is starting something, and stirring us all, and today He is revealing something new, before I shared this with her.  All sorts of weird coincidents happened today.  Like, as I was telling Donna this crazy story about a guy who tried to make the most expensive Starbucks drink by using all sorts of add-ons because he got a coupon for any free drink (and it turned out to be $23!), I get the same exact coupon!  It is supposed to be very very random and a small chance, like winning the lottery.  What??!  And then, the very friend that shared that crazy story with me walked into Starbucks in that moment.  All too weird.  Throughout the day, me and Donna would be about to text each other the same things at the same time.  Also weird, I LOVE SLEEPING and I can't freaking sleep.  THANKS GOD.

Lord, you are doing something new and I so am leaning upon you.  You have captured my attention, and invite you to share with my the riches of your glory.  Please, disrupt my day and pour your spirit onto your people.  Be my rest.  Help me control my facebook urges and cause me to pray without ceasing for your kingdom to come and will to be done.  The fast starts now.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment