Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day Two

I was encouraged today as I had the opportunity to talk with my Catholic roommate about the Health Care Bill requirement for all institituions to provide health care funding for birth control.  At mass today, her priest broke the normal routine and shared the event with everyone in the church.  No matter their political belief or stance on birth control, he encouraged them to think about this being an infringement on religious rights.  In fact all priests broke their normal routine, as asked by the archdiocese.  This isn't a small thing.  This is big, as everyone is starting to realize.  And so I continue to pray for this. 

Today is my mom's birthday!  So if you read this, mom, know that I am still praying for you and pleading the blood of Jesus over our family.  May you have an amazing, blessed, joyful, and majestic week. 



So I suppose thing 'two to catch e'ryone up on is my schedule craziness!  Before the semester started, I was spending hours & hours just looking at all my possible courses and switching back and forth so I could somehow get my classes to all be on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.  It took about 18 re-dos and three classes that I sat in for the first two weeks that I didn't end up taking, but I got lucky (or God helped me) and a spot opened up for the class that would make my schedule do-able a couple days before the last day to change our schedules.  And here I am happy as I can be!  I'm taking Jazz lessons and ensemble on Monday nights, and Spanish, International Affairs, Macroeconomics, and US History since 1945 on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.  Yay!  Amanda, this is what you have to look forward to.

"If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit" (Galations 5:26)





No comments:

Post a Comment