Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Days 10-12

Blessings!  I have great news, but first...

Items 8-12 on my list of 21 significant events must be explained!  
8-9: I said that I became friends with Sarah Kovar.  Sarah is an amazing godly woman that was talked about to me by friends in Intervaristy last semester while she was abroad in Israel.  She was brought up when I had crazy stomach pains on the IV retreat, because apparently she has crazy stomach pains all the time as well!  She was also brought up when I talked about Jacob being a Messianic Jew and how NO ONE here in DC understands me when I talk about the Jewish heritage of Christianity.  She was brought up because she is a Jewish believer and was studying abroad in ISRAEL of all places.  Furthermore, apparently we went to the same church and we both went to JHOP and so forth...  At this point, I HAD to meet this girl.  So on the first day I got back from winter break, I met Sarah Kovar!  And she told me that everyone was telling her about me the whole time she was in Israel.  And so she said "I don't want to sound super creepy but I already know so much about you hahaha".  So inevitably, we became super awesome BFFs in a matter of a day and I slept over her dorm within 48 hours of meeting her.  She is a really encouraging sister in Christ and I love spending time with her <33   During that first time meeting her, she held a Shabbat Dinner on a Friday night.  It was super awesome and she showed me all her awesome Israel stuff - branch from Mt. Olives, map of Israel and where Bible stuff happened, a key chain for me!, a Biblical candle, and pictures of really awesme places!  To facilitate this perfect night, I leaned over on the table to get a piece of Challah bread, when all of a sudden the girl next to me shouts "YOUR SHIRT!"  And I look down and what do you know?  Burning shirt!  Thanks Sarah's Shabbat candle, you're the best.

10: Weekly discipling with Donna is awesome!  She encourages me so much.  I mean when we tell each other how our week was, the little things become so important.  Like, "oh I totally have this midterm tomorrow!", and "Well I know God is with you at all times and will give you his peace and strength of mind, especially in your midterm!"   And any time God gives us a vision for something or a word, it is super important, like the end all!  And we pray for each other, oh boy we do pray.  I can't even begin to explain how much this girl has impacted my life here at GW.  She is one of the most incredible people I know.  Words wouldn't even begin to describe, so I will just leave it at that.  I love discipling with Donna McDonald <3
11: Started cooking my own meals!  Yum yum.
12: Weekly prayer group in Thurston - a group of girls who live in my building and I get together in the middle of the week to pray over things in our lives and the people in Thurston (our building).  I stopped doing it a few weeks ago because I got busy. Conviction in action! God convicted me this weekend at IV retreat to start up my weekly prayer group in Thurston again -So I started it up tonight and it was amazing!  I am really really blessed by their hearts and the love we share for God and the love he pours out on us. 

Woohoo.  Time for Jacob-Katrina Bible study; Romans 3.

Go Jesus!
Katrina



1

No comments:

Post a Comment