Friday, September 2, 2011

Improvements

It's been so much better!  That about sums it up, but read on for details.  Yesterday I became an official Jazz Studies minor and got to meet the professors.  I also played Ultimate Frisbee in the University yard with upperclassmen, then went back to my dorm.  Today there are too many highlights to count.  One, I talked with a girl on my floor about God for over 2 hours.  Two, I went to Ultimate Frisbee PRACTICE for the NCAA I Women's Division and am now joining the team.  Three, I went to a campus ministry called AGAPE.  And Fourth, my favorite experience, I had dinner with some of the girls of Campus Outreach.  Emily, the girl who invited me, is a sophomore living with her sophomore friend Donna.  Donna cooks and Emily bakes.  And BOY was it amazing!  It was such a blessing to be stuffed with homecooked food and sit around with likeminded girls and talk about God.  I felt such a connection with them, and I'm even going camping with them Sunday night! 


Let me tell you about Donna though.  She is one of the three students at GW who is from Alabama.  There, the spirit cry for the football team is "ROLL TIDE".  And so, during the aftermath of Osama Bin Ladin's death, while Geraldo Riviera from FOX news went around interviewing the crazy, insane, whacked out kids of GW just hours before finals, Donna said this...

http://youtu.be/6PwOCnRj3sw

Yeah, that's the girl whose food I ate.  Pretty awesome.

I'm having a great time.  Bout to go to sleep.  I have classes tomorrow.  My prayer request would be a deeper connection to the cross, more faith, and no more worrying.

LOVE,
Katrina

P.S. Not only am I camping this weekend, but I may also be KAYAKING. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment