Monday, September 5, 2011

Supertastic

Camping was so AWESOME!  It was supertastic.  We went to Shenandoah Valley in Virginia, about an hour from DC.  It is located in the Appalachean Mountains.  Jen, Donna, Donna's brother Joe, Sarah, and I camped on the side of one of these mountains.  We encountered deer, mammoth moths, and an incessant rain storm.  By the time we made camp (which lacked tents and included nothing but two giant tarps and some rope) it was dark, windy, and ferociously rainy.  But we managed to hold the tarp/roof up with some logs, rope, and trees.  We played crazy games that I had never done before including the most ridiculous game I've ever played - Silent Football.  The long list of rules include: you can't "show your ivories" (show your teeth) while talking, you must address the Mr. Missioner Commissioner with utmost respect, you cannot address the Mr. Missioner Comissioner unless you have been called on, if you reach 10 penalty points then the whole group will choose your punishment, etc.  The list goes on.  I haven't even explained how to pass the silent football.  It's too complicated!  But it was SO much fun.  After an uncomfortable night of restless sleeping, we went to a family-owned country restaurant called "Apple Wood" where we consumed large ammounts of pancakes, eggs, bacon, and potatoes.  Tonight, I went to the meet and greet for the Voice Gospel Choir.  I got to meet all the members of the Choir, a fun community of evangelical and holy-spirit filled gospel singers.  I got free dinner and played Taboo.  It was a good night.

The rain is still steadily pouring, but my laundry is down.  Now I am ready to SLEEP (for real this time) and get back to reality as I go back to school tomorrow.

Love,
Katrina

Prayer Request - That I desire God more and fight for joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment