Monday, September 12, 2011

Shine, Shine, Let it Shine

Life here on earth is so short.  I was reminded that when our pet starfish Larry died the morning after we acquired him (BACKSTORY: Roommates and I went to a Japanese kareoke bar, ate sushi & sang, saw baby starfish in an aquarium, bar owner heard our excited squealing & grabbed one of the starfish and put him in a cup of sea water).  So why is it that I have more Fear of Man than Fear of God when it comes to evangelizing in my school?  Yes, it is VERY liberal and most are atheist/agnostic or devout Jews/Muslim, but that should mean the need is GREATER not LESS!  Our lives here are shorter than Larry's life in that cup.  The bible says in a blink of an eye, the last trumpet will sound (1 Corinthians 15:52).  It is imperative I stay in intimacy with the Father and LET his light shine, not hide it or try and create my own pseudo-light.  And so I am encouraged to take bolder steps even in this time of everything being new for me, not quite knowing everyone, and yet treat people like my brothers and sisters.  College is great, but I do miss home.  The people here I've met who shared my experiences and love God as well are amazing....



Movie night


On our way to church



Much Love,
Katrina :)

 

1 comment:

  1. i just LOVE you, sweet girl.
    you are the biggest encouragement/light to my heart.

    jesus, just pourin' out!! love it!

    ReplyDelete